Still have any questions? Below we answer the most frequently asked questions that can help you too.
It is mandatory to take a test from:
Santo Antão to: São Nicolau, Sal, Maio and Brava
São Vicente to: São Nicolau, Sal, Boa Vista, Maio and Brava
São Nicolau to: São Vicente, Santo Antão, Sal, Boa Vista, Santiago, Maio, Fogo and Brava
Sal to: São Vicente, São Nicolau, Santo Antão, Boa vista, Santiago, Maio, Fogo and Brava
Boavista to: Santo Antão, São Nicolau, Sal, Santiago, Maio, Fogo and Brava
Santiago to: São Vicente, São Nicolau, Santo Antão, Boa vista, Maio, Fogo and Brava
It is not mandatory to take test from:
Brava to: any island
Maio to: any island
Santo Antão to: São Vicente, Boavista, Santiago and Fogo
São Vicente to: Santo Antão, Santiago and Fogo
Fogo to: Santo Antão, São Vicente, Sal, Boavista and Santiago
- Fazenda Health Center from 08:00 to 10:00.
- Health Center of Achada Santo António from 08:00 to 10:00
- Tira Chapéu Health Center from 08:00 to 10:00
- Ponta D`Água and Achada Grande Trás Health Center from 08:00 to 10:00
Certified clinics and laboratories:
– Santa Maria Laboratory, Plateau;
– Laboratory of the Polyclinic Cardiomed, Plateau;
– Labmed Laboratory - Praia Clínica, Chã de Areia;
– Clinical Analysis Laboratory (LAC), Achada Santo António;
– Laboratory of Clinitur Clinic, Santa Maria;
– Laboratory of the regional hospital São Francisco Assis;
In the public health structures of the municipalities, the cost of the service is1.000 cve / 10 eur (test and declaration).
The test costs 6.500 cve / 59 euros.
Children under the age of 10 are exempt from the mandatory use of a mask and may, if the guardian
understands, use one.
Children under 7 years old are also exempted from presenting tests before their trip.
Particular situation on the islands of Fogo and São Vicente, which remains in a calamity situation.
- Service in bars, terraces and restaurants is possible until 21:00 on the islands in a calamity situation, and until 23:59 on the other islands in a contingency situation, with the bakeries able to operate until 21:00 and trades until 20:30;/> - Bathing activity in the city on the island of Fogo, from 6:00 am to 10:00 am and from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm, through weekly assessment by health authorities, as well as the reopening of gyms, forcing compliance with several rules of health protection and capacity reduction to 50%;/> - Meetings in private homes across the country should take place in an intrafamily context, with a maximum of 10 people, in order to avoid situations of agglomeration, spread and contagion;/> - Discos and dance halls or parties are closed throughout the country, and sports activities that involve crowding and activities in gyms, martial arts and gymnastics schools are prohibited;
In order to mitigate health risks, making inter-island passenger trips, by plane or boat, to some islands, requires the presentation by the passenger, of the screening test with negative result, carried out up to 72 hours (3 days) before the trip.
Check out the islands where it is mandatory to present a negative rapid test at "everything about covid19"
Obligation to use face masks "in all public spaces, including on public roads". Failure to comply with the law implies fines between 1500 $ 00 and 15,000 escudos. The law, however, provides for some exceptions. Children under 10 years old, people with cognitive disabilities or mental disorders and other situations that are proven to be authorized by health authorities..