Still have any questions? Below we answer the most frequently asked questions that can help you too.
It is mandatory to take a test from:
Santo Antão to: São Nicolau, Sal, Boavista, Santiago, Maio, Fogo and Brava
São Vicente to: São Nicolau, Sal, Boa Vista, Santiago, Maio, Fogo and Brava
São Nicolau to: any island
Boavista to: any island
Santiago to: any island
Maio to: any island
Fogo to: any island
Brava to: any island
It is not mandatory to take test from:
Santo Antão to: São Vicente
São Vicente to: Santo Antão
Sal to: any island
- Fazenda Health Center from 08:00 to 10:00.
- Health Center of Achada Santo António from 08:00 to 10:00
- Tira Chapéu Health Center from 08:00 to 10:00
- Ponta D`Água and Achada Grande Trás Health Center from 08:00 to 10:00
Certified clinics and laboratories:
– Santa Maria Laboratory, Plateau;
– Laboratory of the Polyclinic Cardiomed, Plateau;
– Labmed Laboratory - Praia Clínica, Chã de Areia;
– Clinical Analysis Laboratory (LAC), Achada Santo António;
– Laboratory of Clinitur Clinic, Santa Maria;
– Laboratory of the regional hospital São Francisco Assis;
In the public health structures of the municipalities, the cost of the service is1.000 cve / 10 eur (test and declaration).
The test costs 6.500 cve / 59 euros.
Children under the age of 10 are exempt from the mandatory use of a mask and may, if the guardian
understands, use one.
Children under 12 years old are also exempted from presenting tests or covid certificate before their trip
With the positive evolution of the epidemiological situation and the intensification of the vaccination campaign, the Government of Cape Verde declared a contingency situation in the country.
• Service in bars, terraces and restaurants is now possible until 23:59. Lounge bar is open until 23:59 on weekdays and until 02:00 on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
• Commercial establishments, with the exception of pharmacies and bakeries, are open until 20:30. Service to the public in bakeries is allowed until 21:00;
• Meetings in private homes across the countryshould take place in an intra-family context, with a maximum of 10 people, in order to avoid situations of agglomeration, spread and contagion;
• The bathing activity is subject to a weekly assessment byhealth authorities;
• The functioning of gyms is approved upon mandatory presentation of a valid COVID Certificate or a negative PCR or Antigen test;
• Discos and dance hall or parties is allowed from 1 december 2021 upon presentation of a Valid COVID Certificate or a negative PCR or Antigen test.
In order to mitigate health risks, making inter-island passenger trips, by plane or boat, to some islands, requires the presentation by the passenger, of a valid covid certificate or the screening test with negative result, carried upon to 48 hours (2 days) before the trip.
Check out the islands where it is mandatory to present a negative rapid test. (Consult the FAQ on the website www.caboverdesafe.cv for + info). GEt your COVID certificate here: https://nhacard.gov.cv/
Obligation to use face masks "in all public spaces, including on public roads". Failure to comply with the law implies fines between 1500 $ 00 and 15,000 escudos. The law, however, provides for some exceptions. Children under 10 years old, people with cognitive disabilities or mental disorders and other situations that are proven to be authorized by health authorities..